Specialising in depression, anxiety, stuckness, trauma, child abuse, sexual abuse/assault, stress, confusion, self esteem, loss, decluttering and hoarding, panic, adoption issues, trichotillomania, relationships, life transitions & other women’s issues.
Fee is equivalent to Medicare gap payment of a Clinical Psychologist. Private Health Insurance: Australian Unity Health & Medibank Private offer some rebates for counselling. Check with your policy and provider for eligibility.
Located at: Aura Wellness Sanctuary, 56 Hartnett Drive, Seaford.
Scroll down to learn more about how Holistic Counselling can help you...Welcome to Lightly Centered Holistic Counselling & Psychotherapy For Women
Tabitha is a qualified and experienced trauma-informed Holistic Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Group Facilitator who promotes healing & authenticity through creative expressive modalities alongside talking therapy.
She draws from broad life experience & her own healing journey, over 25 years of personal and professional development, volunteering & coaching others, and 16 years group facilitation. She has a passion for helping those who are feeling lost to heal old wounds & resolve current difficulties in order to find their authentic selves & reach their full potential.
WHY HOLISTIC COUNSELLING?
Every human being searches for acceptance, fulfilment and contentment. At some point along our journey we may need help to resolve the conflicts that have gathered in our lives.
Psychiatry works with chemistry of the brain; Psychology works with mechanics of the thinking; Holistic Counselling works with exploring more broadly aspects of mind, body, emotions & spirit-soul. It includes the 'thinking' and 'feeling', and a range of creative & expressive tools to address deep fears, anxiety, pain, trauma & relationship issues while unlocking your strengths, purpose, confidence, inherent gifts & rekindling your passion for life.
Holistic counselling deals with root causes rather than labels, pathology, and symptom reduction alone. The processes work with the whole person, accessing both conscious & unconscious realms, bringing awareness to a deeper sense of self, and offering the opportunity to heal & thrive.
Having a nurturing space to sit with, listen & bear witness to all aspects of your self can lead to awakening, empowerment & growth, freeing you to find meaning, inspiration, purpose & a deeper connection with your self while unearthing unlimited potentials.
Have you had previous invalidating, condescending or judgmental experiences in therapy? It can be very disheartening but please don't give up... try holistic counselling for a different approach.
HOW DOES HOLISTIC COUNSELLING WORK & WHAT ARE THE METHODS?
Tabitha guides each session to meet your particular needs at each given moment, utilising a variety of modalities and processes. You become the expert in your own healing journey, while you are compassionately and respectfully companioned to explore, express, process & resolve past or present difficult or worrying issues that can be a part of this intricate tapestry we call ‘life’. This can lead to a more conscious, empowered, balanced & enriching experience of the present.
She combines traditional talking therapies, (based in a person centered approach encouraging, honouring & valuing your own inherent wisdom), with creative, emotion focussed, process-experiential forms of expression which may include:
– Induce inner transformation utilising a variety of guided creative processes including mandalas and drawing. Communicate information stored in your subconscious realms, release feelings, & an alternative expression for that which cannot be put into words. Rather than focus on aesthetic value, art therapy deals more with the process of expressing, clarifying, releasing and creating and can be relaxing, soothing and enjoyable. No artistic talent required.
SAND TRAY THERAPY
– Translate personal experience into 3D & build a connection between your inner & outer worlds. Create landscapes in sand in which symbols can be arranged & emotional issues can be projected in a non-confronting way. You may experience a profound form of expression, understanding, & perspective, which can ultimately lead to release, acceptance & resolution.
– Would you like to find your place of stillness and presence and meet your inner 'observer'? Withdraw from the stresses of daily life, enjoy personal guided meditations, learn to live more in the present & embark on a journey towards inner peace.
EMOTION FOCUSED TECHNIQUE / BODY FOCUSING
– ‘The body knows'; access, utilize & trust your body’s innate wisdom & capacity to process & heal itself through focusing inwards & working with what’s there in order to become more free, authentic, released and resolved. This technique can be applied to many issues & is particularly helpful for trauma, anxiety/confusion/stress/blocks and physical pain.
– Trauma energy is often stored in the body so releasing this energy from the body is important as part of recovery.
– Express yourself through powerful written exercises like dream or day journalling, non-dominant hand writing, affirmations, rewriting your story or a range of other supportive processes to help you let go of anything holding you back & move towards a state of happiness, inspiration & wholeness.
INNER CHILD HEALING
- Re-connect with the playful, impulsive, creative, innocent part of yourself that is often neglected & may be calling for some nurturing, healing & empowering. Reclaiming this part of you can be profound, exhilarating & life affirming. Inner child drawing, writing, meditations, dialogue, re-parenting, two-chair processes, & psychodrama.
PROCESS EXPERIENTIAL/ACTIVE IMAGINATION
– Do you feel conflicted? Do you find yourself wanting to do one thing but actually doing another, then having regrets? Are you experiencing confusion? Do you feel stuck? Create an enlightening dialogue between different parts of your self to find clarity, resolve, integration & wholeness. (Empty Chair/Two Chair/Psychodrama).
PRACTICAL DE-CLUTTERING & HOARDING HELP
– Would you like empathic practical help to sort and clear your stuff? Letting go can be challenging, anxiety provoking and sad - this service supports you psychologically and emotionally as well as offering experiential help (although I won't touch your things unless asked)... to get your life and home back in order and organised, often uncovering long lost treasures.
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY
– sometimes it can be helpful to look at and adjust our patterns of thinking and belief systems in order to find a more fulfilling or peaceful experience of our world.
– Have you ever wondered what your dreams mean? Explore the hidden symbolic language of the unconscious and illuminate suppressed or shadow material. Re-connect with forgotten or neglected parts & move towards self actualization. Our dreams hold vital clues to important issues in our lives and listening to these messages can have a profound impact on us. Understand your dreamscapes and get to know yourself more deeply.
– ritual processes can be powerful in honouring, letting go and finding closure with challenging experiences, relationship endings, transitioning and loss in our lives. For women who have never celebrated their entry into womanhood, experiencing a 'menarche ritual' can be healing, embracing of the sacred feminine, and affirming of the inner child and adult self. Ritual can also be helpful when dealing with death, grief and loss, 'unfinished business' with someone, and when ready to 'let go' of something that has previously had a hold over our lives. If we are about to enter a new life phase or experience a major change it can be transformative and supportive to design a personalised ceremony around it. The ritual is thoughtfully created and enacted together in a safe space, often creating profound and lasting shifts and integrative contentment.
VIBRATIONAL / SOUND HEALING
– A new and innovative therapy in the West, Tibetan singing bowls have been used in shamanic, healing and spiritual practices for over 1500 years in the East. Various notes & vibrations, rich in layered frequencies, aid relaxation, physical & energetic health, chakra balancing, mindfulness and meditation. Metaphysics states we have a vibration that is a signature of our health and wellbeing. Like instruments, our bodies (mental/emotional/subtle/physical) can fall out of vibrational harmony showing up as energy disturbances, and if not heeded, developing into physical illness. Vibrational healing tools like singing bowls can be useful for physical ailments (e.g. muscular/joint pain/tinnitus/etc), emotional/psychological issues (e.g.anxiety, anger), and stress and sleep problems, etc. Founder of the Center of Neuroacoustic Research, Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's articles about sound healing include a paper specifically on the effects of binaural beats on brainwaves. He found effective biological responses to various sounds and frequencies and that certain uses of sound have a direct effect on heart and pulse rate, respiration, galvanic skin response (SGR), electromyography (EMG), brainwaves (EEG) and general stress reduction.The bowls emit binaural beat frequencies inducing alpha & theta brain wave states, and offer a powerful form of relaxation and sound vibrational healing. I use high quality handbeaten and old bowls from Nepal. My cd's (Ancient Sounds of Healing) are available for sale at all my meditations, workshops & events.
Don't miss the upcoming singing bowl workshops, trainings and retreats (see other page for details).
CD! ANCIENT SOUNDS OF HEALING
Following many requests I recorded "Ancient Sounds of Healing" Singing Bowl Meditations. The cd includes a mini-meditation of 18 minutes (for quick recalibration) and a 48 minute longer meditation journey. Due to the very strong reverberations of the premium 7 metal bowls (with super-powerful binaural beats) the final recording had to be ascertained at a low recording volume to minimise feedback... so turn the volume right up when you settle in for your sound meditation! Soothing, nurturing and stress-melting the cd is great for anyone who has trouble sleeping or would like to relax with a quick pick-me-up.
$15 each or special offer 2 for $20 (+ postage). To order contact Tabby: : 0422 646 021 or email@example.com
Call or Email…It is important to find a therapist who relates to you and one whom you can trust.
Pick up the phone or send me an email to have a chat about how holistic counselling can work for you.
Ph: 0422 646 021 TabithaDougall@yahoo.com.au